The East Rockingham Waste to Energy project is located at 26 Office Rd on the northern end of the Rockingham Industry Zone (RIZ). The site is zoned Environmentally Acceptable Heavy Industry and the development has been assessed and approved by the City of Rockingham.
Waste Reception Area
and Tipping Hall
Combustion Line and
Air Cooled Condenser
Flue Gas Treatment
Bottom Ash Treatment
The 10 hectare site (100,000m2) is considered large for a waste to energy project. A large project site has been deliberately selected for the following reasons:
- Large Truck Access: the site has been designed to receive standard garbage trucks and much larger vehicles with multiple trailers. Some waste will be amalgamated at transfer stations around Perth and transported to site in large trucks to minimize truck movements. These trucks will have room to decouple trailers on the site and seamlessly offload waste.
- Bottom Ash Treatment Plant: ERWTE will take total responsibility for recycling bottom ash on the site. This activity will take up considerable space on the site but is critical infrastructure to achieve our landfill diversion targets.
- Located in the Kwinana Industrial Area
- Truck access off Kwinana Freeway at Mundijong Rd to the site without impacting any residential areas.
- The site is approximately 2km’s away from the closest residential area.
- Good access to the electricity network (SWIS) to export power